Thursday, May 27, 2010

Twitter Power 2.0 - Joel Comm (4.5 of 5 Twitterpated Writers)

The long hiatus has come to an end. As college fades with the sunset, I'm looking for new projects. What better way to start the summer than by reconnecting with all my semi-digital friends? While I have continued to read over the past few months, I haven't had the time to post the books reviews. I hope you'll join me in The Great Awakening 2.0.

Twitter Power 2.0 is a terrible title; it sparks flashbacks of watching rabid Powder Puff Girls with my cousins. But don't let it throw you. Joel Comm does a great job of outlining the history, functionality, and potential of Twitter. He also shares helpful insights about picking usernames, designing backgrounds, and crafting posts to establish a solid brand. I particularly enjoyed the chapters on third party software and APIs, which give you greater control over your feed and it's interaction with other websites. The book even gives you a 30-day guide to becoming a professional twitterer. What more could you ask for?

I think it is best to crack open this book with a Twitter project already in mind. As I read through the chapters, I got several great ideas about how to spice up my new Twitter campaign. I anticipate posting new book reviews from this website as well as new chapters from another new project of mine (and yours if you choose to accept this invite) http://opensoresfiction.blogspot.com/. I invite you to follow me on Twitter. You can find me at http://twitter.com/uofuwriter.

What is your perception of Twitter? How would you characterize your experiences with it? Who is your favorite tweeter?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow... did this blog die?